Fashion week has gloriously returned this month. Starting off in Berlin, Milan, Paris, New York and London. Each year the world marvels at the beauty, elegance, and creativity produced by each city. The 2017 runway has already had some highlights like Moschino in Milan. The fashion show scene can be a frenzy and to help those attending or hoping to attend, we have created a list of all the essentials you will need to be prepared for the fashion show season.
Starting off with Berlin Fashion week that has sped by. We can all look back at some of the most creative and inventive designers to grace the berlin catwalk. Suits were seen in every form on the Berlin catwalk. In bright colors, dark colors, wide legged, and three piece suits. The shows proved that the 80s/90s movement was still in full effect in Berlin, and the minimalist style which the fashion capital is known for was also very present. Marina Hoermanseder emerged as Berlins fashion star this season, with the bondage inspired collection.
New York has some of the most anticipated shows of the season. From underground brands to already established brands like La Perla. The NY shows last from the 9th to the 17th. No doubt we are excited for what Jeremy Scott will produce this season as his shows are always eccentric and filled with life and color! NYC is packed with some of the most exciting brands like hood by air, Philip Lim and Oscar De la Renta!
London fashion week is right after New York. Spanning across the 17th to the 21st. We can anticipate a blend of English style with modern twists from collections like top shop and many more.
Milan comes in on the 22nd to the 28th and welcomes a host of Italian and international designers and models to strut their stuff down the runways! We have seen some of the amazing shows that were produced here during men’s fashion week in January and no doubt February will not disappoint!
Paris fashion week, which no doubt is every fashionistas dream show. The city is magical and oozes fashion, style and Parisian chic! From February 28th to march 8th, you can immerse yourself in the stunning French brands and international brands. French style has influenced many designers from Givenchy and many more!
- First things first, make sure you’re on the list. Whether you are part of a magazine, or just wish to attend make sure you do your research about how you can gain access to the hottest shows of the season.
- Always arrive early, shows can max out depending on room size, so make sure you arrive early so that you can guarantee yourself a seat.
- Bring a change of shoes. If you head to NY and you plan to visit more than one show, bring a pair of sneakers to be able to keep up with the hustle and bustle of the NYC streets.
- Always dress to impress. You never know who may be watching, fashion shows are an opportunity to showcase your street style chic looks and make an impression.
- Keep a portable charger with you so that your iPhone does not run out of battery. No doubt you will be taking selfies and catwalk snapshots, so be prepared and bring a charger so you can capture every moment.
- Most of all remember to have fun. This is a rare opportunity to mix with models, fashionistas, and creatives.