Warning: Constant WP_DEBUG already defined in /usr/home/huckleberry/domains/messmag.com/public_html/wp-config.php on line 84 Mess Magazine x Fit Bottomed Girl Jennipher Walters – Mess Magazine

Interviewed by: Dominika Perek

Dominika Perek: What do you recommend to people that want to lose weight but are not very fond of any kind of physical activity?

Jennipher Walters: Find something you love to do! Many times we think of exercise only being going to the gym, but things like dancing, playing with your kids or your dog in the backyard or even household chores count. So find something you love to do and do it often!

Perek: Along with regular exercise a healthy diet is recommended. How should one keep a balance between eating right and being able to enjoy that guilty pleasure food once in a while without letting it affect you scale?

Walters:  I’m a big fan of the 80/20 rule. 80 percent of the time make the healthiest decision you can. The other 20 percent, have what you’re craving. That breakdown helps you to be healthy most of the time, without feeling deprived!

Perek: How do you stay motivated to work out on a daily basis without letting laziness and procrastination to take the lead?

Walters: I try to work out first thing in the morning so that nothing unexpected can pop up on my schedule and get in the way. If that’s not possible, then I remind myself that I always feel better after a workout. Always.


Perek: Starving oneself is known to be a distractive to the physical and mental health?

Walters: Starvation and deprivation is no way to lose weight — or live. In fact, doing so can cause major health issues and be indicative of needing professional help.


Perek: What do you recommend for a fast weight loss without experiencing a yoyo or rebound effect?

Walters:  I’m firmly anti-diet (wrote a whole book on it: http://fitbottomedgirls.com/book/!) and especially anti-crash diet, and I believe that slow is the way to go. Make small lasting changes over long periods of time and you’ll be healthy for a lifetime.

Perek: How long does it take before being a sport and health oriented person becomes your second nature?

Walters: Good question! They say it takes 21 days to build a habit, and you can certainly become more health-minded in 21 days!

Perek: We live in a world where media promotes perfection and no room for an individual characteristics so called: “our flaws”. What is the key to sustaining a positive body image and eliminate comparing yourself with the fit women on social media or even celebrities?

Walters: Celebrating your unique attributes and focusing on improving your body image and confidence are definitely essential parts of the get-healthy process. Here are 13 of our best healthy body image posts to help do just that! http://fitbottomedgirls.com/2015/02/our-13-best-healthy-body-image-posts/

Perek: What are three natural snacks that are perfectly healthy while tricking your brain as if you are eating candy?

Walters:  If you really want candy, I say eat a piece of candy and really savor it. But, other sweet snacks I love are high-quality dark chocolate, in-season cherries or these energy balls: http://fitbottomedgirls.com/2015/01/no-bake-chocolate-almond-crunch-energy-balls/