With fall and winter on the horizon its time to trade in the open-toe kitten heels and bright hues for cozy couture. I’m personally looking forward to the style transition and am eager to see what’s in the fashion forecast for cooler weather. Is there a chance of plush “bear” coats and cowboy boots remaining in the forecast? In this series article we asked a few trusty, style conscious gals their predictions, starting with style blogger, Marija Krsikapa. Read her “7 day style forecast” below:
We can already see many high street shops starting with their fall collections. Many of the trends we have seen during the fashion weeks are not always wearable, so I think it would be very useful for you that I share my favorite autumn / winter 2019 trends which you can easily embed in your closet! I am sure that you already have in your wardrobe many pieces which you can style and be trendy this fall and winter!
I hope this will give you some inspiration for the upcoming months!
1) Different prints – I have seen on the high street that the focus is on the dark floral print dresses and wild prints even on fur coats.
The print which has been in-style for seasons is the check mate, which I noticed on the Off-white runway in Paris on Bela Hadid.
I believe that this trend can be fun if you mix patterns and materials.
2) 70’s vibes – this is the trend about which I am personally excited about.
Statement sleeves have been in-style since this spring, and it is a perfect transitional trend. I love puff sleeves since they can be styled in so many ways and they always bring a casual outfit to another level.
Another trend which is inspired by the 70’s is definitely the trend of sequin colorful pieces. Many high street shops, such as Zara and Topshop are already focused on this trend. As you may know, I love sparkles, so I cannot wait to style some of the sequin pieces in the upcoming months!
Also, extremely high neck lines on tops and dresses and over-sized blazers are going to be in this fall.
3) As every other fall, leather is going to be a huge trend. I am a huge fan of black leather pants and I think every girl should have one good pair in her closet.
However, this season leather will expand to many other clothing pieces and in different colors. I have noticed that many designers are creating long line belted coats in beige and brown which I love! For my wardrobe, this piece has already became an essential!
4) Who says that punk cannot be feminine? This trend is different from others and I find it very exciting! We have seen many designers styling leather with the most feminine pieces, such as tulle or lace, making it romantic even if edgy and black. This is a trend with which you can play with and it brings out your creativity and personality. During the fashion weeks, we could see Alexander McQueen and Balmain making this trend stand out.
5) Monochromatic look could be one of my favorite trends for this year. The most common is styled in all the same shades, but I also find it great combining different shades and patterns since it’s more fun and original. I would always choose bright colors for a monochromatic look, however brown color was the one which was prevailing on the runways of MaxMara.
6) Thigh high boots & Cowboy boots is a trend which will never go out of style. We could see this trend during the past seasons and it’s also present this year. Cowboy boots are everywhere and we could see them in many different materials, colors and lengths
7) Even if fur and faux fur are in style every year, furry coats this year are different than last seasons. Why? Because designers are playing with their shape, length and color making this trend more fun and perfect for the grey winter days!
Be sure to follow Marija on Instagram @krsikapamarija And stay tuned for more fall/winter fashion forecasting!